Just like I can't bring myself to switch to a Mac, I can't get used to the notion of a Windows OS on my smartphone.
The Palm Treo 800w is out, and I'm debating whether to upgrade. I got my red Palm Centro in October, and I love it. I had a Treo 650 before that, which I was also very attached to.
First, the highlights:
- GPS! integrates directly with your contacts list, so you can navigate to an address right from your phone book
- higher resolution touch screen weeeeeee!
- faster Web browsing, e-mail, and downloads weeeeeee!
- 2 megapixel camera (Centro is 1.3)
- Wi-Fi BUT! in order to use the Treo 800w as a modem for your laptop, you will need to subscribe to a Sprint Power Vision Modem Plan, which costs $49.99 per month for unlimited data.
- the 800w is larger/thicker than the Centro, which is already a pretty big phone for a lady to carry, if you ask me
- No picture texting, according to this guy, who apparently has tried every smartphone ever made or something
- AND the clincher, I just can't switch to Windows Mobile. Just. Can't.