I'm not really a geek, but I aspire to be one. At this point I'm a little behind, since I didn't go to school to be a programmer, and I don't care for anime, so I am pretty far from being a geek. Here I will document my quest to become a geek and learn about all things geek. Well, most things geek. Okay, some things.
Because although I have an unhealthy obsession with blogging, gadgets, l337speak, teh internets, digg.com, and Twitter, I don't yet have a passion for gaming, quantum physics, linux, flame wars, or the star wars trilogy. But it won't take me long to get there.
A few moderately geeky things about me:
- had an almost daily blog for three years
- have a Palm Centro phone which I am glued to
- update my Twitter almost hourly
- spend most of my free time on the internet
- downloaded Firefox Web Developer extension to play with code like a total n00b
- I take advantage of all occasions where I can use geeky slang: "Epic Fail" "FTW" and "omgwtfbbq"
- I have a subscription to Wired magazine
- I have a crush on Kevin Rose
- I like turtles